Mac OS X 10.3 on Pear PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ©Apple, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ©Apple macrumors newbie

Well today I just found my 10.3 Mac OS X CD. I really want to try it out because I have never used it. I don't want to put it on my mac. I have a Acer Netbook so I decided it was time to download PearPC on it. The laptop only has 1 GB of ram so I will run OS X with 512 MB. I am just about to try it... Any tips? Is Mac OS X 10.3 any good? I know it is old but this will be fun. :apple: Time!!!

Edit: I do have a external drive for it.

2. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

If your gonna do that you might as well try and hackintosh snow leopard on there. There really is nothing you can do with 10.3 by todays standards it will be fun for like 1 hour then you'll get bored and delete it, just like any other VM:D

3. combat macrumors member

combat

It's really just a slower and buggier version of 10.4. Go for the hackintosh 10.6 if you want, however 512 mb RAM isn't a lot to start with...

4. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

Yea lol that is true... I installed Windows Me on a virtual pc and deleted it in 20 minutes

5. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

when i say hackintosh 10.6 i mean partitioning and installing it natively not in a VM, so he would have 1gb of ram which would be more than enough for what a netbook is ment for.

6. combat macrumors member

combat

Bummer, still, always a good feeling when your computer fails that hard ^^

7. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

Yea a nice feeling... The only thing i did was change the ram amount so is that the problem?

8. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Update!

I got it to work! I had to edit the config file. It was the ram problem! It runs very good and no kernel panic!