Mac OS X 10.4 Release Event

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has previously announced that they will be releasing Mac OS X Tiger on April 29th at 6pm with special in-store events across the country.

The world-wide release is expected to bring giveaways akin to previous release parties. Mac OS X 10.3 release parties gave away Panther Dog Tags as well as mousepads. Stores will also be giving away door prizes (such as PowerBooks and iPods).

All in-store Macs will come with Tiger DVD's so any new Macs purchased on that day will come with a copy of Mac OS X 10.4. Of note, retail packages only contain DVD media of Mac OS X 10.4. Users which require CD versions of Tiger must mail in for Apple's Media Exchange Program which offers Tiger on CD for $9.95.

DeepDish

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2002
Sux living somewhere w/ no Apple Store

God how I wish I could make it to open of these Apple Events.

I sucks living somewhere with no Apple Store for 6 hours in any direction.

DD

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Hmmm, might have use a sick day or research day and show up with a tent and propane stove.

Somsetters get ready! I'll bring the keg!

Better get there early!

Manatee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I'm looking forward to seeing what they're giving away this time. I went to the last one, at the Clarendon, VA store, and there were all sorts of Mac geeks lined up on the sidewalk, waiting for the store to open. They were comparing Mac hardware and knowledge of Apple trivia. I wish Triumph had been there for interviews and commentary. ;)

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
Doofy wants a free Powermac with every purchase of Tiger.
Well, ok. I'll mail in the $9.95 to have the Powermac shipped to me.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
okay - so what if you don't live near an Apple store?

anyone know if re-sellers in Brisbane here are going to have an event? i can only wish i guess... :(

ilook

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2005
Free Spotlight

Over here in Australia the first 100 customers to purchase Tiger from each Apple reseller receive a free mini maglite branded with the spotlight logo.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I've got the day of next Friday and I'll defo be popping down the the Apple Store! As much as I want in, I'm not one for staying outside encamped on the pavement for a couple of hours! How rammed is this gonna get?

Duujo

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2005
Melbourne
no mag for me

ilook said:
Over here in Australia the first 100 customers to purchase Tiger from each Apple reseller receive a free mini maglite branded with the spotlight logo.
Dammit! I've already purchased Tiger online.. oh well, at least I save money on driving to the Apple store and back - given the free shipping of Tiger when purchased online.

Tiger! Yay! :p

deckwalker

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2005
Lao PDR
No Tiger opening festivities for me either! I can't even get it online as DHL/FedEx would NEVER find me here. I'll just have to wait until I'm in Seattle in a month for holidays! Common new PB, I want to upgrade while I'm stateside. :D

immac

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
ilook said:
If that is insider info I'm scared. :eek:

Retro Mini-Mag instead of hi output LED??
2.7 gig single core no PCIe instead of 3.0 gig DCMP.... ;)

Fabio_gsilva

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2005
São Paulo - Brasil
Well, there isn't Apple Store in Brazil yet...

According to recente news, Apple will open it's first Apple Store in Brazil in May, in a huge and very beautiful, expensive building. It will sharing it's space with a famous brand of clothes for high society, named Daslu...

Fashion and expensive clothes, fashion and expensive computers...

So, no party here... :(

slavey

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2002
San Diego, CA
10% Off Anything in the Store

For the last two cat events (the release of Jaguar and Panther), everything in the store was 10% off. Time to get those new computers you've been waiting for!

Applespider

macrumors G4
Sky Blue said:
I hope there's not a major delay on the UK discs being sent out like last time :(
I read somewhere that the 29th delivery date isn't being guaranteed for UK online store orders like it is in the US. I've decided to go to Regent St since they'll have to have it (even if they have to Fed Ex a few boxes over for a 5pm delivery!)

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Just moved to KC area

We just moved to the Kansas City area from a place with no Apple Store. I am going to checkout the long lines for the first time in person :)

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i think these events are fun. even if all i end up with is a free dog tag or in this case a flashlight. i just wish i had enough money to enjoy the 10% off. but im not sure if that can be 10% off the normal student discount or not.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
I love going to apple store events. I've been to apple store openings, iPod events, OS events, .mac events ... my closet is full apple of t-shirts =). Another cool thing, I've seen Steve Jobs twice: once in SF and the other in Palo Alto.

It's too bad for people not close to an Apple store, their really groovy. Living in Northern-Cal ... i got a handful of choices.

I'll take pictures and post for all the macheads that can't be there.

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
I gotta say I am disappointed in the DVD only media option. I bought a family pack and my Mom only has an iBook with a CD no Combo Drive. I guess this means I've gotta figure out how to install over a network? I am sure not paying 10 EXTRA dollars to get CDs. This is bull.

macboyX