Mac OS X 10.5.2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fabian9, Jan 22, 2008.

1. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

So I'm guessing 10.5.2 will be published when the macbook air is available in stores, so that air users will be able to use the new remote CD/DVD drive function available in 10.5.2?

Fabian

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

The new functionality is already available in 10.5.1 for MBA. The 10.5.2 update will be out when all issues with it are fixed and Apple thinks it's ready, but be warned, it's BIG.

3. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

should be available on the apple software updates around this mid feb

i hope it includes the multi touch track pad :D

4. neilspartacus macrumors member

The multi touch track pad thing to work would need a firmware upgrade. Ideally this 10.5.2 wont contain such firmware upgrades to my knowledge!

5. fabian9 thread starter macrumors 65816

fabian9

I doubt it will contain this update. It might be possible to achieve through a software update, but i doubt apple would do this. They like to keep this function only available for the air right now so that there is more incentive for people to buy it 'wow there are 2 more gestures on the trackpad, hell yeah i'm guna spend an extra 600$ on it! :D'-kinda thing...

Fabian

6. fabian9 thread starter macrumors 65816

fabian9

How do you know it's 10.5.1 that we have been shown in the keynote? or did you have a chance to see a mba already?

fabian

7. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

HAHA true, but i dont think that was the main event for MBA right, i mean, people should be buying MBA because of it's thinness

but again, im curious, is the Multi TOuch hardware based ( like who knows, the trackpad used on MBA is different to the ones on MBP/MB ) or software based?

8. fabian9 thread starter macrumors 65816

fabian9

Apple is all about the details... like the magnetic batter charger, the small battery level indicators on the batter etc. the added gestures on the mba are just one more thing to seperate it from other laptops, even within the apple family, to make it stand out more and make it more appealing to other users.

I've been wondering about if it's a software or hardware based issue as well, think the general consensus around here was that it's a hardware one. but then i remember using three fingers on a cheap winxp laptop 4 years ago to scroll, so surely they all support it. maybe some clever people will be able to come up with a hack to add to the existing gestures in current mbs and mbps.

Fabian