Mac OS X 10.5.6 issue with Microsoft Messenger 7.0.2

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by applemax, Feb 24, 2009.

1. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Hi

Just upgraded the software and have noticed an issue with Microsoft Messenger. Whenever I type something and hit 'enter' to send it, the text box is deselected, requiring me to reselect it in order to type another message. This never happened before and is really annoying for big conversations.

Is it just my Mac, or are other people having these problems too?

Thanks

:)

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I realize it's not the best solution, but have you tried using Adium instead? It's a much better instant messenger client in my experience. (Yes, it supports Windows Live/MSN.)

3. kaybeee macrumors member

This just started happening to me.

It might be the Safari 4 beta causing it.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Since i upgraded to Safari Beta 4, i've been having loads of issues, my my MBP keeps randomly going into expose, and java apps keep freezing, plus i get the beachball of death every 1 in 3 times i try to exit Safari and more than 1 tab is open :cool: Not impressed Apple! Get Steve back!

5. kaybeee macrumors member

Thank you, i downloaded it and it is MUCH better than the msn client.

One thing, i cannot figure out on how to config this. When i receive multiple messages from one person, they keep stacking. i want a separate line per each message, like in msn.

Thank you

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Didn't pretty much the exact same thing happen when Safari 3 beta came out... Or am I getting weird deja vu for no reason...

7. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

It's a BETA people...you shouldn't all go run out and use it...especially if you are going to complain.

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That varies depending on the message view theme you use. Mockie and Renkoo both include a timestamp on each message. If you don't like the built-in themes, there are a bazillion others to choose from.