Mac OS X 10.5.6- Worst update to date.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lorductape, Jan 14, 2009.

1. lorductape macrumors 6502

lorductape

Hey all, just wanted a place for people to post 10.5.6 related issues and to find people who may have found workarounds or fixes. I work for an apple reseller so I'll help where I can!

I'll happily start!

The dock- (this may be mobile me related) Some icons refuse to stay put. No matter how many times I drag it down there, whenever i close it poof!

Safaari- don't get me started... I get blueballed many, many times a day. Never used to. Also, every time I go to a page with flash I get a flash player error. Not sure if this is OS related but I dont think I saw this until 10.5.6 and I havent updated flash recently (yes, I should try, I know. I'm more convinced this is an OS bug.)

Also, does anyone else have the issue of typing in a URL, and nothing happens? the loading bar never moves or just stops? I have to click and hit enter again to get it to go, and then it is zippy as usual. Didn't really have this before updating.

Sorely regretting updating without backing up first...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Sounds like you had a bad install, try reinstalling with it the combo updater ...

I, for one, don't have any problems with Safari or 10.5.6.

4. lorductape thread starter macrumors 6502

lorductape

Yeah, I know. I know. I shoulda backed up and not everyone is having problems. And I know I can search forums for related posts. But if everyone just searches and never newthreads... then you dont have a forum.

But just from searching the web some people are.

So... thread.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From Forum FAQ:

6. lorductape thread starter macrumors 6502

lorductape

Never said I didnt look. I didn't find an answer to my problems. So I created a thread for my issue and any other issues people are experiencing.

I have a computer issue and am in a position to help others. Why would other poeple wanna post on this forum if they see a post like this coming forward with an issue having not seen an answer in other threads, when the response from forum powerusers is basically "here's reasons A, B, and C that your thread is garbage and you should go home."
    Thank you for the combo updater advice, however. I'll give that a try.

I have a problem and I'm offering to help other people with their 10.5.6 problems if i can, because buddy, "MILLIONS" may have gotten a smooth update, but I'm not shooting in the dark here. Some people haven't. As with any software update.

Similar scenario:
    person 1: i boguht a mac and it crashed
    forum user: millions of people own macs that work fine.

But some people DONT. which is why they have FORUMS. for HELP.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, but person 1 would get the same unhelpful replies as you did if that person started a thread declaring it the worse mac to date (simply because it happened to be a dud).

8. emt1 macrumors 65816

You get... blueballed?