Mac OS X 10.5 Dock, Application Switcher problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thegetawayplan9, Aug 2, 2008.

1. thegetawayplan9 macrumors newbie

So I logged into today to my computer and it wont let me mouse over the dock. I will leave it there for like 15-20 seconds and take it away and it will finally pop up. Also I can use the application switch (Apple+Tab), or the function keys like F11, F12 those. If I hit restart it just hangs forever on the background.

I created a new user and none of these problems appear. I really kind of need to use my older user name though. I turned off all things that start up on my old username and still have no luck.

Anyone got any idea's on how to fix this?

2. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Maybe, just maybe, delting the com.apple.Dock.plist in ~/Library/Preferences/ will help. I'm not sure if "com.apple.Dock.db" is supposed to be deleted also. These files recreate themselves on next login or sometimes right away. A "killall Dock" in the Terminal will relaunch the Dock too.
    I'm not saying you should delete these files, i'm just a little bit sure that it's what's wrong. I've tried deleting these files a couple of times and they always reappear after the next login or restart.

3. thegetawayplan9 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. thegetawayplan9 thread starter macrumors newbie

also I forgot to mention another small problem I noticed. I can't drag things to ichat and send images to people. I tried a few different ppl that it usually works with and had no luck.