Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard on October 26th at 6pm?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Both ThinkSecret and LoopRumors are reporting that the October 26th date for Leopard has been "confirmed" and mostly likely at a 6 p.m. launch event on that day.

There's been no confirmation that Leopard has yet gone Gold Master, but a Gold Master candidate was released internally last week. We have heard unconfirmed tidbits that the official announcement could come as early as tomorrow.

Article Link

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
All The "Confirmation" Articles Are Bogus Rumors With No Source

Nothing is "Confirmed" only repeating the same old rumor I started last June. :p :eek: :confused:

I have freaking ultra anxiety syndrome over this late announcement. What made PR decide to wait so long this time round? Is Steve yanking our chain?

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
YAY for the 26th, BOOO for 6pm. I hope the 6pm thing is wrong. I didn't like the iPhone being released at 6 and I won't like this being released then either. Just release it when you open... it's just as easy. I hope we hear something official soon.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Conservative behavior

Nothing is "Confirmed" only repeating the same old rumor I started last June. :p :eek: :confused:

I have freaking ultra anxiety syndrome over this late announcement. What made PR decide to wait so long this time round? Is Steve yanking our chain?
Better to wait than to announce a release date and have it "Vistad."

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
YAY for the 26th, BOOO for 6pm. I hope the 6pm thing is wrong. I didn't like the iPhone being released at 6 and I won't like this being released then either. Just release it when you open... it's just as easy. I hope we hear something official soon.
I guess the logic is more people won't have work conflicts at 6pm then they would have at 9-10am. At least that's why I'm happy about it.

Question: (based on past releases) would this be a staggered 6pm release across the time zones or are we looking at 6 PST?

taybo20

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Tempe
I would think there would be plenty of copies of Leopard at the store. Got to remember that it is MUCH easier to produce the dvds than say the iPhones. Plus the demand is more centered on people with macs than the pda/cell phone community. I would be surprised if most stores ran out...

MAW

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
this is killing me. i may have to ammend my sig!!

i hope they announce it on apple.com tommorow so i can get my blasted imac already!!!!!

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Staggered release

I guess the logic is more people won't have work conflicts at 6pm then they would have at 9-10am. At least that's why I'm happy about it.

Question: (based on past releases) would this be a staggered 6pm release across the time zones or are we looking at 6 PST?
Yes, the release will occur at 6:00 PM within respective local time zones.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Staggered At 6PM Local Time Zone

Staggered. It's 6PM local time so east coast gets it first. If you pre-order it you'll have it delivered by Fed-Ex Ground the day before or earlier that day.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
5th

That is my 5th Wedding Anniversary. I wonder if I could justify buying myself a gift....

My new exturnal HD is all ready waiting for 10.5... I can't wait to try it out.

any one see a problem with running 10.4 as your main system while breaking in 10.5 on an external drive? I mean testing out Apps for combatibility and avoiding installing 10.5 in the machine itself until I know my key software will work. (Adobe CS1 generation software, quicken etc...)

Thanks

IJ:)

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Leopard supply

I would think there would be plenty of copies of Leopard at the store. Got to remember that it is MUCH easier to produce the dvds than say the iPhones. Plus the demand is more centered on people with macs than the pda/cell phone community. I would be surprised if most stores ran out...
We were just kidding about the stores running out..........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.