Mac OS X 10.6 Liger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jobs=God

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Probably not, a Liger is from Napoleon Dynamite.
No it isn't, well it is, but there is such an animal

The liger is a hybrid cross between a male lion and a female tiger.

But no, i don't think that'll be the codename for 10.6, too close to Tiger

Comment

Kelleheretic

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2006
Rexburg, ID/Wilmington, DE
But, the Liger is a real animal. I'm not kidding. I've seen a taxidermied one, and you can Google them.

Further proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liger

I doubt it's the code name for 10.6, which is likely Cougar. (Go BYU...cough) I don't have anything to back that up with, just kinda makes sense. I sense they'll go to System 11 after that, being exclusively Intel.

Comment

Dimwhit

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2007
I do wonder what codename they'll use (I wonder because I'm bored).

My bet is: Lynx. Or Bobcat.

Comment

Kelleheretic

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2006
Rexburg, ID/Wilmington, DE
Here we are, anxiously awaiting tomorrow for Leopard, and we're killing the time by talking about the next thing we'll be clammering over when Leopard looks old and busted. We'll be cleaning up our installs of 10.5.8, ready for 10.6... I can smell it already.

Comment

jarenado

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Florida
you know i used to get upset with the macrumors members always bitching at people for posting stuff thats already been posted, now I kind of find it funny. They find the thread and in their own subtle way say 'hey dumbass, there's a process here'

Comment

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I think Lynx are a little bit related to Leopards, so maybe they should go Lynx next time. Then Cougar after that.

Comment

moutian

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2004
Detroit
If apple want to say good bye to its OS, then it makes sense to call it liger. No ligers have any offsprings.

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
At that point, this thread has reached its own Liger moment, where it can not be allowed to reproduce further...

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.