Mac OS X 10.7 Lion DP4 almost the full version?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by T0Mlol, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. T0Mlol macrumors member

    Dec 12, 2008
    Basically, is the Developer version 4 the full version or is it still missing stuff? I was going to buy a dev account for iOS 5 and this and install this on my main system but I wonder if I should just wait until the full version comes out.
  2. Soliber macrumors regular

    Nov 6, 2009
    For iOS5, you could if you'd really want to. But Lion will be out in a month and from what I read here, you won't be able to upgrade from DP4 to the final version, so one wonders if it wouldn't be more wise to just wait a little month :)
    I suspect the only thing being done now is spit & polish on DP4, I wouldn't expect anything extraordinary out of the blue.
  3. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a


    Apr 24, 2010
    There are still a lot of bugs in this latest dev preview. I am also really eager for Lion, but it will be out in July sometime so I say wait.
  4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

    Feb 2, 2009
    The Mac and iOS dev programs are separate so both together would cost you $200.
  5. ResPublica macrumors regular


    Jun 12, 2011
    I would simply wait and even if you are installing it, I advise against upgrading your Snow Leopard partition. Simply install Lion on a different partition or on a USB hard drive or Flash Drive.
  6. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

    Jul 7, 2005
    Only Apple knows whether that's actually true. Everyone else (EVERYONE else) is just guessing.

    Even so, you should be able to make an external clone of your disk and "migrate" from that to the final version with the migration assistant.
  7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

    Sep 19, 2003
    It's been that way for the past 6 releases. Hardly just a guess.
  8. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

    Jul 7, 2005
    A year ago it was certain you'd get Lion on a DVD, like the last 6 releases. Things change.
  9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

    Sep 19, 2003
    Yes, but writing was on the wall for digital distribution ever since the App Store, and Final Cut Pro X going App-store only. There is absolutely no reason to believe that the situation for upgrading from DP releases will change from past releases.
  10. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

    Jul 7, 2005
    I didn't say there was. Just that no one here knows for certain. Anyway. Enough time spent on (probably) the least important bit of this thread...
  11. ErikGrim macrumors 68040


    Jun 20, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Huh? I've never NOT been able to upgrade from beta to gm / retail.
  12. rick98761 macrumors 6502

    Feb 18, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    yea, I was thinking I always had also.

Share This Page