Mac OS X 10.7 Lion on 2010 MBA

VinnieSpaghetti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
I was wondering how my 2010 Macbook Air 13 inch with 2GB would handle Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Has anyone tried it? is there any noticeable changes in performance?

I am currently in Afghanistan with the army and the internet is so slow here than I would rather not spend a whole week downloading it just to revert back to 10.6...

Thanks in advance,

Vince

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I'm running it on my 11" MBA ultimate and I'm loving it so far! I was expecting it to be a lot different from Snow Leopard but not a whole lot has changed. It isn't slow and nothing crashes or anything like that.

tanhm

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
confirmed that absolutely perfect for mac air ...very smoothly

VinnieSpaghetti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Good news!

Thanks for the feedback. The limited 2GB of RAM was what really worried me with the new OS..

Guess this means I can start the slow download process :)

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
I'm running it on my 11" MBA ultimate and I'm loving it so far! I was expecting it to be a lot different from Snow Leopard but not a whole lot has changed. It isn't slow and nothing crashes or anything like that.
installed it on my late 2009 iMac and MBP but not on the MBA yet but i think i just might tomorrow.

Javik

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
Australia
I have the very very baseline 2GB MBA 13" and i was a little worried when upgrading, but woah man, it sure does NOT slow down on Lion. Obviously the first few hours while everything is indexing and setting up is a little sluggish, but everything is so smooth and i have noticed no lag at all with all the sophist acted and cool graphics. Extremely impressed