Mac OS X 10.7 Lion on 2010 MBA

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by VinnieSpaghetti, Jul 21, 2011.

1. VinnieSpaghetti macrumors newbie

I was wondering how my 2010 Macbook Air 13 inch with 2GB would handle Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Has anyone tried it? is there any noticeable changes in performance?

I am currently in Afghanistan with the army and the internet is so slow here than I would rather not spend a whole week downloading it just to revert back to 10.6...

Thanks in advance,

Vince

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm running it on my 11" MBA ultimate and I'm loving it so far! I was expecting it to be a lot different from Snow Leopard but not a whole lot has changed. It isn't slow and nothing crashes or anything like that.

3. tanhm macrumors regular

tanhm

confirmed that absolutely perfect for mac air ...very smoothly

4. VinnieSpaghetti thread starter macrumors newbie

Good news!

Thanks for the feedback. The limited 2GB of RAM was what really worried me with the new OS..

Guess this means I can start the slow download process :)

5. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

installed it on my late 2009 iMac and MBP but not on the MBA yet but i think i just might tomorrow.

6. tanhm macrumors regular

tanhm

try it ....love Lion :D

7. Javik macrumors regular

I have the very very baseline 2GB MBA 13" and i was a little worried when upgrading, but woah man, it sure does NOT slow down on Lion. Obviously the first few hours while everything is indexing and setting up is a little sluggish, but everything is so smooth and i have noticed no lag at all with all the sophist acted and cool graphics. Extremely impressed