MAC OS X 10.8.2 - Carbon Copy Cloner

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rickgoz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rickgoz macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I installed couple days ago ML 10.8.2.

After that, I had one issue: my mac was going to sleep right after getting out of sleep. That's a known issue and some users on Apple Forum said to re install ML. Which I did.

Start the main issue: After the installation I have got a white screen with the Apple and an spin loading from time to time. After 2.30 hours I decided to shut down my mac and to re install again. But the process stop around 13min left and a screen said that they could not install MAC OS 10.8.2

I finally decided to get back to my old Lion using Carbon Copy Cloner. But here again, when I tap on ALT and choose my external hard drive with the CCC backup on it, I have got a white screen with the Apple and a spin loading.

Do you have any idea how could I check if my backup is bootable? Which files should be on it?

Thanks a lot

Richard

2. simsaladimbamba

Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and check, if your external Mac OS X 10.7 Lion clone is bootable and if so, select to boot from it.
    [​IMG]

3. rickgoz, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

rickgoz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

The issue is that I can't get inside the Mac. It's blocked at loading, I am unabled to access any preference system.

Best,

4. Rob Compton macrumors newbie