Mac OS X 6.8 Is ****

Discussion in 'iMac' started by borntomac448, Jul 14, 2011.

1. borntomac448 macrumors newbie

borntomac448

I have a 2010 iMac i3 with 4G of Ram and everytime I try to print from Safari it locks up, every time I open any Toast program it locks up. With every update it seems to get worse and worse. This reminds me of my dark days of Windows. Is there an operating system that is out there that is worth a ****?

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Try check your printer, whether it's damaged or not?
    If printer is okay, you can check your Macintosh HD disk, use disk utility and verify disk, and repair if be told to. See if that fix the problem

If everything still stuck, you may try to reinstall your OSX with restore DVD provided with iMac. I hope you didn't lose it.

If that doesn't work, contact Apple Authorized Service to fix your problem.

Be cool and try to fix your problem from easiest method. You're not gonna say Ubuntu is suck because it suddenly hang up due to minor error, do you?

Undeniable, Mac is still just a computer, sometimes it hangs, fails and make some errors, but which one do that least :D

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Just because you are having issues doesn't mean anyone else is or that the OS is bad. As another poster mentioned try repairing permissions or restoring.

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

5. stomer macrumors 6502a

Remove any input managers that you might have installed. 10.6.8 has been rock solid for all the machines that I had running it.

6. 50548 Guest

I have no clue what you're talking about, because 10.6.8 is flawless for me, as well as any other update before that.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

No problems with 10.6.8 here on 3 systems, an iMac and 2 13" MBPs.

You might try to learn to do some troubleshooting for the problems. "locks up" isn't very useful in trying diagnose problems; does just Safari lock up or the whole system? Have you checked your printer setup? There's lots of troubleshooting that you can do before saying the OS/system is crap.