Mac OS X annoyances?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ivan P, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

What are things that other people do in Mac OS X that really bug you?

Just a minute ago I had to help my dad with using Mail, and I found that he has dragged the windows of all of his apps out to fill the entire screen (save for the dock as that can't be covered, obviously).

In OS X this just looks horrible, IMO, if Apple intended for people to do that then they would include an actual maximise button. Gotta love the green button, that's the way a window should be resized.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it :)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Ex...actly. You're not supposed to fullscreen most applications in OS X.

OS X is made for multitasking. If you have more than one app on the screen, you can do that.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

theres a full discussion of this in the "Things you hate about OS X" thread. i dont maximise any of my apps even my browser as i agree it looks awful in OS X especially on my 1920x1200 pixels.

the default behaviour for the Zoom button is to maximise the whole screen e.g. Mail, iPhoto, Activity Monitor, Disk Utility. its just most apps are programmed to only take up as much space as they need like Finder, Safari, Address Book, Preview, Pages (except iTunes :p) which is the most popular representation of the green button.

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Well the problem being that if you like me have a macbook then reading emails or browse the web in anything less then fullscreen is a pain in the ass!