Mac OS X Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bingefeller, Jun 26, 2007.

1. bingefeller macrumors 6502

Are there any good books out there that'll help with problem solving, general maintenance, how to get the most out of OS X, general hints and tips etc.. I've been using OS X for the last 4 years and my knowledge is pretty limited. I'd really like to expand upon this somewhat.

Please bear in mind that I don't understand alot of technical terms, so a book that explains things in a simple manner would be great.

Thank you. :)

2. gillilandboy macrumors 6502

I bought osx tiger for dummies that showed me a lot. But I JUST bought a macbook and it taught me some basic stuff and showed me some cool stuff. So I don't know if thats what you want since you have been on osx for a while now.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

No need for a book. Just read all the stuff that has been posted here over the years and a few of the other Mac based forums and you will do fine.

4. bingefeller thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess, although there is a lot of reading here. :) It would be nice to have it condensed.

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I switched to the Mac after 7 years of using PCs (I had used Macs back in the System 7 / 8 days) and learnt everything that I could possibly need just by reading Mac based forums on a daily basis. I'm sure I don't know everything, but the fact that I have used Linux in the past probably helped me pick it up a bit quicker.