Mac Os X Crash without giving any tool for backup?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by usher03000, Oct 10, 2010.

1. usher03000 macrumors newbie

When the mac could no longer log in into the windows!!! what did you do to get back your file despite using the stupid target disk mode!!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Huh? I don't understand your problem, exactly. Please explain what you mean by "Mac could no longer log in to the windows". I can think of two possibilities, but based on the way you worded your statement it isn't possible to tell which one you meant.

1. The Mac OS X Login Window has locked up, and you can't log in to your Mac
    2. You're using Boot Camp, booting into Windows, and you are unable to log in there

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Mac OS X version and what exact/specific Mac (month/year of purchase, model) do you have what exact/specific problem with?

I assume, you have a Mac without Firewire (Unibody White or Aluminium MacBook), thus the "stupid" (though it is not) TDM is not applicable for your purposes of salvaging your data.

Have you considered removing the HDD and putting it into an external HDD enclosure for 2.5" S-ATA HDDs connected via USB to either a Mac OS X or Windows PC?

What about an Archive and Install with a Mac OS X version prior to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (if the Mac came with a Mac OS X version prior to Mac OS X 10.6) or a simple reinstallation (without deleting your data) with the Mac OS X 10.6 grey Restore or white Update DVD?