Mac OS X Hints Forums has shut their doors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fracai, Nov 19, 2014.

1. fracai macrumors member

fracai

Last week MacWorld set the Hints site to read only. The most recent hint was from two months ago and the site's original creator (Rob Griffiths) posted a eulogy earlier this month. Rob acknowledged the declining number of hints in recent years.

I was hoping to at least see the Hints forums continue to be supported, but it looks like some time in the last day or two they took the forum offline. Phhht, just like that. All forum links now just redirect to the front page of the Hints site.

While it's nice that they're leaving the Hints site in "read-only mode", there was just as much, if not more knowledge present in the forum threads. It was pretty clear that forum activity was dropping and I didn't spend nearly as much time there as I used to, but I can't help but feel like I've lost something.

Anyone remember when MacAddict took down their forums?

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It seems that this moment was coming since there hadn't been any new hints in quite some time.

These guys are pretty good:

http://osxdaily.com

3. ricede macrumors regular

ricede

I agree. I was really sad to find it had shut down. Like losing an old friend :(

It was so good while it lasted - i have had so much help from the site in the last few years.

R.I.P

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I'm disappointed too. The site hasn't been the same since Rob sold out and then double shot is when MacWorld bought it out then let go many staffers! In way this doesn't surprise me now!