Mac OS X just refuse to respond on ping etc etc.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dabe79, Aug 3, 2013.

1. dabe79 macrumors newbie

Mac mini (OS X) doesn't respond to ping, screen sharing nor incomming smb calls. The ping gets a "Request timout". Respond to Nmap tho. I have confirmed that the mini has connection to the net, it can also ping my devices from the Mini. Can ping from it to other devices on my LAN. No fw started (Disabled and checked so Stealth mode isn't enabled), ipfw is also disabled. Mini has smb mounted my Nas. Is just refuse to accept connection even tho all firewall is off. Also tested to restart the deamon for screen sharing thru "launchctl". And of course, I have tested to reboot everything more than one time :cool:

Also tested to delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist, no change.

Airport, the old one, is DHCP and have macadress on Minin and NAS so I know it get's the same adress after reboots.

I dont know if its matter, but I momentarily installed a VPN client for to be able to connect to my work, but that one I have removed whit AppCleaner.

On Mini: Open TCP Port: 88 kerberos
    Open TCP Port: 2044 rimsl
    Open TCP Port: 5900 rfb

What am I missing? Or is it just a bug in the system...

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Is your Mac Mini's firewall enabled with the Stealth Mode option turned on? That's BY FAR the most common cause of this.

3. dabe79 thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be a bummer, but I haven't done that one :) Firewalls was something I first checked ofc. I even tested to turn it on and off. But it is disabled.