Mac OS X Leopard is crashing!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by William.L, Dec 1, 2007.

1. William.L macrumors newbie

I bought a macbook pro in august, had it until october and loved it. ran windows XP and OS X 14 and life was beautiful. The computer was recently destroyed in a house fire, and I just got the new one... here are the specs

2.4 GHz core 2 duo. 2 GB dual DDR Ram. 250 GB 5400-rpm. NVidia GeForce 8600m GT 256mb. (anything else you might need to know?)

Anyway. Ever since I got this new one, from the get go, before even really installing any new programs, every now and again the screen goes dark and in several languages it tells me
    ... it happened a lot the first day or two, has not happened in several days, and it has happened twice today. It seems to happen randomly... I just lost several pages of an essay I was working on and am pissed.

any ideas?

2. Blogger macrumors 6502

Try reseating the RAM. If that doesn't work it could be a bad installation from the factory. Try reinstalling from the Software Restore disks. If that doesn't work it's probably a hardware problem > warranty.

3. William.L thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry Im not a big computer buff... how do I reseat the ram?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Using Azureus? This tends to cause an Atheros/Airport panic.

Otherwise look at the panic logs ... these will pinpoint what is happening.

5. William.L thread starter macrumors newbie

wow awesome... yes. I DO use azureus?

Why did this never cause problems on tiger? Do you have another bt client you would suggest as a healthy non-crash-inducing alternative? ;)
    ~W

6. stupidregister macrumors member

I don't use Azureus and I get the Atheros related kernel panics every now and then. It is rather pathetic that Apple still has yet to release a fix.