Mac OS X Leopard Up-to-Date Program (Aus Poster)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tragedies, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I've been waiting for Leopard to be announced so I can buy an iMac and upgrade to Leopard (for 13 dollars Australian) however, while this makes me happy as I'll get my Mac on Saturday, I'm a little confused.

"f you purchased your system from an Apple authorised reseller, follow one of these links to participate in the program. Subject to terms and conditions."

Underneath is an Australian link to follow which brings me to a form like page which asks where I bought it (the store and city) and the serial number. Simple and easy, yeah but I read the Terms and Conditions and found this:

"To receive your Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard upgrade, you must complete the order form and provide a photocopy of a dated, itemised sales receipt or packing slip indicating the marketing part number(s) of the qualifying system(s) purchased."

I'm buying from the Apple Store in Melbourne City, so do I need to photocopy and send them the receipt? I thought Apple could simply check the serial code though some system and see if it was purchased from the store from October 1st.

This is really confusing me.

I'm buying my iMac from an official Apple retail store this Saturday. When ordering Leopard after through Apple.com.au, will I have to photocopy a receipt? I don't mind doing it, but I'm not sure if I have too.

Thanks.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You're buying from a reseller - not Apple themselves. Apple have no retail stores in Australia and as such cannot "check to see where it was purchased" because they don't have access to a system. All resellers are in effect NOT Apple - they are their own company.

You must provide a photocopy of your receipt to Apple when you send the form.

Like I said - there are Authorised Resellers who are a franchise unto themselves who have been allowed by Apple to sell their products but Apple have no bricks-and-mortar stores in Australia until the official Apple Store opens in Sydney next year.

3. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

Oooooh. Thanks for clearing that up.

*checks to see if scanner works* Yay it does :D

But how do I send the receipt? Is there an option to upload the image of the receipt along with the form?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

No idea - you may need to send it. Ring Apple 133 622.

5. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

I just called (they seem nice) and was told that after entering my serial number I have the option to send in the photocopy of the receipt (which is required). Sounds easy.

I was also told there are no official stores in Australia. So it seems that buying from JB Hifi would be the same as buying from the AppleCentre, but I'll stick to the Apple Store.

Thanks for your help and the number :D

*is waiting with excitement till Saturday*