Mac os x lion 10.7.1 theme problem

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by AZERTYMAN, Sep 2, 2011.

1. AZERTYMAN macrumors newbie

Hello,

I registered on mac rumors just to be able to ask if you guys had a solution for my problem :

Well, earlier on today, i tried to install the SOG theme from FIF7Y (http://www.fif7y.com/), once the theme was installed ,I firstly noticed that there was a strange yellow bar over the apple logo in the upper bar, then once I clicked on the apple, i noticed that the part wich I was about to select wasn't highlighted, but covered with an even weirder blue arrow head.

So then i opened system settings and I noticed that the top of the window was in a weird fragmented yellow, that the buttons to close and minimize the windows were gone, but by memory i could still click them, the rectangles which contain clickable texts are gone but are replaced by yellow apples.

After that, I opened the uninstaller and and chose to uninstall the theme.

The moment when i logged back in, the yellow bar was still there, everything was still messed up and the backup of my precedent theme made by the installer was GONE.

So, before i attempt to reinstall mac os x lion on my mac i thought i should pay you guys a visit, just in case.

I must have made a mistake somewhere, i just don't know where !

( I have a screen shot with annotations but i don't know how to upload a picture up here)

I hope this is clear enough,

Thank you,

2. Sibo macrumors newbie

Help!

Hey, I have encountered the same problem with a theme called Soliq, I believe the issue is one of compatibility since the themes were designed for Snow Leopard. I'm waiting for an answer too, hopefully someone can help!

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Never, ever, use a theme that was designed for a previous version of an OS! Wait until the theme developers have figured out the (many) changes in Lion that they have to account for, or you will continue to see issues like this.

jW

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

You create unnecessary problems for yourself.

Two easy solutions:
    1. Do not use Lion.
    or
    2. Do not use themes.

5. Sibo macrumors newbie

Those aren't solutions if the problem already exists, only preventions. We need solutions.

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Yes, you installed it. As others have said, the problem is that you installed a Snow Leopard theme on Lion. This will lead to the problems you're having. The theme should have come with an uninstaller as well, use that.

7. Sibo macrumors newbie

8. AZERTYMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the uninstaller as i said in the first post but it didn't work at all and it made things worst ! Plus the other thread's solution didn't work for me !!
    :(

9. kchkwan macrumors member

Fix

I found a solution online for a similar problem but works well with ours, since I encountered the exact same problem as you. search for something called LionUIFix, the folder you find online will consist of 2 files which are the original Lion OS X files. Just copy them and restart. However i had to reinstall some apps that are not native to OSX 10.7 like dropbox and caffeine. The menubar icons for those apps will not show proper colours or design as they are suppose to look bc the new files you copied in are not configured by the apps yet. Thats purely my assumption however =D

Found the link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3256533?start=0&tstart=0

EDIT* its same problem with compatibility

10. jivhg macrumors newbie