Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I followed a guide and made a Lion USB. I installed Lion, everything seems to work well. My question is does Lion uses anything from SL? I ask this because although everything seems to be working find for now, I obviously have not explored the os entirely. not sure if there are apps or features that partially uses stuff from SL. and since this is made w/o SL, wud activating these possible apps that uses stuff from SL cause the system to crash?

Think about it.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Yep, thought about it for a week on my iMac, and then reinstalled Snow Leopard, as the parts from Snow Leopard in Lion were the ones I liked and didn't **** up that often as those new parts.
After that I thought about it some more, and came to the conclusion, that I like house cats. Especially the two across the street.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sky Blue said:
since this is made w/o SL, wud activating these possible apples that uses stuff from SL cause the system to crash?

Don't know what this means, but no, you don't need anything from Snow Leopard.

mistake noted, corrections made. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.