Mac OS X Lion Hates Our "PPC Blood"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Hello, Mac (and perhaps PC) people. My Dad installed Mac OS X Lion on his iMac early this morning. I wasn't able to stop him because I didn't know he updated to Lion, and now, he's going through hell. He relies on Rosetta a lot because he still owns a G5 and uses it side-by-side with his iMac for his photography business, hence using PowerPC apps on his iMac.

He cannot replace his G5 with a Mac Pro or other newer Mac because he owns a super sized EPSON printer that dropped driver support for Macs after Tiger, which is what he runs on his G5, and it's simply out of his budget. Plus, he doesn't have the time to upgrade or replace the printer because he's constantly working. And he simply cannot update his software and drivers on his G5 because once again, they dropped support for intel Macs (and/or OS X 10.5 and newer), and my Dad doesn't have the time or money, now.

My Dad forgot to backup his content before installing Lion, too. He attempted to downgrade back to Snow Leopard, with no success. It rejected him on the spot. Now, the question is, is there a way to downgrade back to Lion without erasing, restoring a backup that's too old, or ?

2. Sawtooth811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

4. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

5. Contiguous macrumors member

Easy. He kept Lion and upgraded his dad instead. :D

6. Sawtooth811, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

Sawtooth811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

LOL you're crazy! :D:D:D

What happened was I asked him what apps does he use that are only supported by Rosetta, and we found most of them and updated them. However, he is still having trouble with using Lion and finding an update of Quark 7, but we went to the Apple store, and they told us to Google search, "How to De-iOS Lion". We haven't done it yet, but I'm sure it'll turn out just fine later today. :cool:

Me, on the other hand, still use PowerPC and (believe it or not) Classic programs (according to System Profiler) on my Mid-2009 MBP, which I cannot update or refuse to give up, so I won't upgrade to Lion anytime, soon. :rolleyes: