Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaDor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portugal,Palmela
Hi,

I'm new to mac's, I bought my macbook last week and I am a very happy switcher :D.

But I have a problem using mac os mail. I have a some email accounts that forward to my gmail account so I configure my gmail account in mac os email using pop. I can receive and send emails without problems

My problem starts here I want to create some smart mailboxes that catches emails by the "TO:" parameter and not the "FROM:" parameter. How can I do this in Mac Mail?

Regards :D
:apple:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I believe, all you have to do when defining your rules, is pull down the little selector box and choose "Message is to", then type in your filter text as usual.

VaDor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portugal,Palmela
Actually I tried with "Any Recipient parameter" and that doesn't work...

wrldwzrd89 I believe, all you have to do when defining your rules, is pull down the little selector box and choose "Message is to", then type in your filter text as usual.

I can't find that option. See my screenshot that is annexed to this reply.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 62

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Actually I tried with "Any Recipient parameter" and that doesn't work...

I can't find that option. See my screenshot that is annexed to this reply.

Any suggestions?
Well that's weird. I thought Mail would include such an option. I'm not at my Mac so I can't check for you... just as a test, hold down Option and pull up that menu you grabbed in that screenshot again. Do any new options appear?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
dont accuse me, but IF mail.app has no way of doing this (and I haven't figure out mail.app yet). ...

u can always try out mozilla thunderbird. since u are new to mac, why not trying out all the options :D

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
OK, one more time, I just tried on mail.app. but I have problem understanding your question.

do you want any email that has certain receipt goto your smartmailbox in the future?

or you just want a easy way to view all emails have certain receipt, with or without a smartmailbox?

VaDor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portugal,Palmela
Well that's weird. I thought Mail would include such an option. I'm not at my Mac so I can't check for you... just as a test, hold down Option and pull up that menu you grabbed in that screenshot again. Do any new options appear?

Nop nothing new..

OK, one more time, I just tried on mail.app. but I have problem understanding your question.

do you want any email that has certain receipt goto your smartmailbox in the future?

or you just want a easy way to view all emails have certain receipt, with or without a smartmailbox?

Here is a example, i receive a email like this:
Subject: [RC/RCON] Salas para o teste de repescagem
Date: June 28, 2007 11:23:51 AM GMT+01:00
To: vador@macrumors.com;

Now I want that all emails that have in "To:" the email "vador@macrumos.com" go to a smart mailbox.. gmail do this easy because he have this option.

I used thunderbird in windows isn't bad.. but I want more integration and mac Mail seems the way to go.. Can't imagine that is limited in this way in filters..

mkrishnan i will try that see if can resolve the problem.

In the mean time thanks for trying to help me, if anyone have more suggestions reply :D

VaDor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portugal,Palmela
I think I looked at this before and could not figure a way to make this work, either...

But this plug-in might be able to help -- it seems to offer a richer set of rule behaviors than Mail has by default:

http://www.indev.ca/MailActOn.html

Working Like a charm :D . You save my day :)

It's a pity that mac mail doesn't bring it by default.. but that plugin/script solved the problem.

Just install the plugging and Mail ->preferences -> rules -> add rule and see the screenshot :D

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 39

VaDor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portugal,Palmela
Nevertheless that plug in rocks.. you can bounce your Mail icon on the dock when catches some specific emails and other stuff really really good :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.