Mac Os X only displays only 2 of the 3 monitors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kitki83, Mar 13, 2009.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Ok I hope this diagram explains my situation, I am now thinking my Mac Pro OS is bugged out. So I am debating about doing a clean install to hopefully fix this and other issues I have (Adobe AIR will not work and Adobe gave up on me). So I am coming here to see if anyone can give me any tips (already did the reset pram, CMS and most Apple tips) before giving in.

[​IMG]
    As you can see my first setup I wanted will not display third screen but second setup (which is not work acceptable) works. I even tried loading Macbook os through Mac pro and all three screens work.

If my option is to format,

Is archive and install bring back bad files or just personal preferences?

I have my OS backed up on external by Carbon Copy Cloner. How can I restore it with CCC if I have regrets about my cleaning?

Thank you

2. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Why exactly is the second setup not acceptable?

You could just reinstall and use Time Machine to get your stuff back, or since you're on a Mac Pro, partition the drive and install a fresh OSX to that partition. If it works, copy your old data over and delete the old partition.

3. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Second monitor has a weird aspect ration 17in and USB device cannot give a proper resolution so everything looks stretched out.

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

If you don't want to reinstall Leopard, you could try downloading the 10.5.6 combo update and installing that. That should replace whichever part of your Mac Pro's system isn't letting it drive the 3rd display through USB.

If you can't install that (because you already have 10.5.6 - I don't know if the installer let's you install it anyway), wait for 10.5.7 and download the combo update for that. It should be a few days.

Otherwise, reinstall Leopard.