Mac OS X Public Beta software

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AlbertEinstein, Feb 9, 2013.

1. AlbertEinstein macrumors regular

AlbertEinstein

Hello MacRumors!
    Today i found my old PowerBook G3 with OSX 10.0 "Kodiak" installed. As the PRAM is completely dead, it has managed to keep itself in pristine condition.

So now i wondered; where can i find applications for the Public Beta? I know there wasn't much, but i happen to know that there was versions of Create, TIFFany and Fetch that worked on it.

:apple:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Mac OS X 10.0 is not the public beta. 10.0 can't really run anything at all. You can upgrade to to 10.1 for free via Apple.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

OS X 10.0 was called Cheetah. The public beta was called Kodiak.

4. AlbertEinstein thread starter macrumors regular

AlbertEinstein

As Said; The public beta reports itself as 10.0. There was software written for Kodiak. I happen to know that since i used TIFFany on My iMac G3 With Kodiak.

5. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

Oh, wow... I remember Kodiak. Fun times.

All I really remember getting for it was the Sproingees screensaver, though. Good luck in your hunt!

6. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Wow, Kodiak. Keep a copy of that baby around. Currently I got everything from System 7 to Mountain Lion..

7. AlbertEinstein thread starter macrumors regular

AlbertEinstein

AppleWorks 6... which version worked on Kodiak? Just going trough my boxes of ancient software.

8. CptSky macrumors regular

The Carbon API took time before being usable... It was first released in 2000, so, I doubt it will work on Kodiak. Maybe you can use some version of AppleWorks through the Classic Environment, but it's supposing that it was stable in Kodiak, which I doubt.

9. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

The Classic Environment was fairly stable in Kodiak, even though it had some issues.