Mac OS X Quit Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blaklaybul, Jan 14, 2008.

1. blaklaybul macrumors regular

blaklaybul

My SR MBP went to sleep last night and when I opened the lid, the sleep indicator remained on and I got no response from the computer itself. The screen would not turn on nor would the superdrive make the 'wake up noise'. I had to hold down the power button the shut it down. When I turned it back on I got an error message "Mac OS X has quit unexpectedly".

Should I be worried?

The computer is around 4 months old and is still in perfect condition.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Has it happened more then once? One kernel panic isn't much to worry about unless you know that a certain application or action does it.

Sadly, OS X does crash and waking from sleep as a bad moment for OS X. You're not the first person to encounter this.

3. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

Mine did a couple times, but besides that everything is in tip-top shape. So if that is all that's happening and there are no other issues due to the kernal panics, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Expect 10.5.2 to fix it.

4. uppo macrumors newbie

OS X quitting. How discover troublesome applications?

I too have had the "unexpectedly quit" message twice in 2 days. If this is an application-preference problem, how do I discover which apps are the culprits?

5. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I'm running 10.5.4 and it crashes about once a week. It's getting to the point where I think I should call Apple Care...

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I think you should too. It shouldn't be crashing at all let alone once a week. There's something wrong there.

7. glassmen07 macrumors member

My SR MBP has done it several times since I bought it in July of 07. Not a lot, but it has done it when I've awakened it. Nothing to really worry about though. Just incredibly inconvenient