Mac OS X Server as secondary DHCP server

Discussion in 'macOS' started by unclenice, Jun 14, 2011.

1. unclenice macrumors newbie

unclenice

I got Window Server 2003 Which is DHCP Server and i got and two other servers but when my main server gose down everything stops now am thinking of making my Mac Mini Server to be the secondary DHCP server but the options are limit of settings and i only have one Subnet how do i go about it? any tutorial how to do this?:confused:

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Sadly I never got around to running a dhcp server. I use /etc/hosts files for the half a dozen nas, printers and other static machines in our house. Yes I know, how primitive. :eek:

When I attempted to make dhcp reservations in my AEBS they didn't seem to always work so I began resorting more and more to static ip and only using dhcp for ipad, ipod touch, etc. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how to run dhcp on os x so I can point all my machines to an os x box running dhcp rather than dealing with hosts files.

3. unclenice thread starter macrumors newbie

unclenice

This is for the School

Its for School we have over 200 window client,25 mac client and 2 servers 2003, 1server 2008, and 1 Mac server it does work how i set it up but i only want to lease to just mac client not the entire network. i dont mind if it does over roll without conflicts.