Mac Os X Server Mirroring

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by sigmatelecom, Jan 6, 2017.

1. sigmatelecom macrumors newbie

sigmatelecom

I have 2 mac os x server in vmware at different location ( england and turkey ) i want make mirror with between the two, like master and backup server.

masterserver will work always ( emails,calendars,vpn,contacts) if master server down will be up backup server.

How can i arrange this ?

I am looking from 1 week on web but i didint find any data for my issue.

Thank you

Best Regards

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Set up a VPN service between the two servers and use that!

3. sigmatelecom thread starter macrumors newbie

sigmatelecom

After we will setup vpn between server will that redundant two mac server ?

i mean all of the configration and date like vpn server mail server dhcp server etc.

Thank you for answer

Best Regards

4. chrfr macrumors 603

OS X Server doesn't have failover capabilities that you're looking for. Connecting the two servers via VPN still won't offer that.

5. sigmatelecom thread starter macrumors newbie

sigmatelecom

Hello

Thanks for answer. How can i fix this issue with other solutions ? i want make stable servers because our servers have 300-400 people using. i want two or three server work like 1 server. so master server and backup server.

So is possible or not ?

6. chrfr macrumors 603

Certainly, there are technologies and server platforms that can do this, but it's well outside the scope of a Mac forum. For this scale, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not hiring someone to properly evaluate your needs and limitations to make a solution that covers all of your needs.