Mac os x should I upgrade ? Worth it ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danycsrj, Sep 5, 2011.

1. danycsrj macrumors newbie

In order to upgrade for the new version I have to buy all the ones in between ?
    Is there a $hort cut ?

Danielle:confused:

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

3. danycsrj thread starter macrumors newbie

4. AlexMaximus macrumors 6502

AlexMaximus

pull the trigger

Apple offers the Lion on a thumb drive. You should be fine with that one. I have the lion for a week now and I am very happy. There is only one thing to do - Reverse the scroll gesture and you will be right as rain.

5. tonywang.xmpt macrumors member

The newest upgrade for anything is always nice. :p
    But in all honestly, I dislike the Lion OSX and I miss Snow Leopard.
    meh..

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

From what I have heard, it's not worth it, especially not yet. I would suggest an upgrade to Snow Leopard so you will still get security updates and such (you won't notice a whole lot of difference from leopard), but it seems like there is quite a bit broken in Lion still, and some of the new interfaces are counterintuitive. If you really want a good idea if it's right for you though, you could go mess around with a Mac at an Apple store and see if you like it.

7. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Upgrade to SL.
    But not to Lion. Well... for now until further update comes that stabilize the OS.

8. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

I had a friend on the same boat (on an early '09 MacBook), and after Lion came out, she went and bought Snow Leopard, and then immediately Lion after updating SL. She seems to enjoy Lion, but others may not.

9. xdbuix macrumors 6502

i updated Lion day one. I'm not too happy with it just yet. My biggest pet peeve is that not all my programs are compatible with Lion yet. Snow Leopard is much more up to date than Lion. I would suggest waiting a bit before upgrading to Lion. Right now, i wish i didn't take the upgrade lol

10. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I've tried 10.7 from the first dev preview DP1, to gold master, to retail release, to 10.7.2. I still hate it, and I really want to like it, but I can't. Actually, is there a word stronger than hate? Thats how bad it is IMO

upgrade to 10.6.x and stop, and be happy :)

11. swedefish macrumors 6502

I agree with this. I don't have Lion, but at this point I don't think it was worth the nominal price I paid for it.

12. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed