Mac OS X spaces locks randomly

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sstez, Feb 19, 2011.

1. sstez macrumors newbie

I have had this annoying problem for some time now.

what happens is, sometimes when I switch spaces (cmd+arrow), the spaces boxes in middle of the screen do not fade away and I cannot use my keyboard to do anything except change spaces and use the F buttons at the top.

my current remedy to resolve this issue is to roll my hand/face across the keyboard and hope for it to go away (which eventually does based on luck) so I am guessing there must be some sort of hotkey for it.

so please, if anyone knows what I am talking about or has a solution please let me know (not using spaces is not an option for me).

Thanks.

2. sstez thread starter macrumors newbie

3. eyecool macrumors regular

This just started happening to me too! BAD. Every time I uses Spaces, and I have to use spaces, a lot!

I found this 17 page thread... lots of people with the same problem.

Hope someone who's had this issue is kind enough to post how they resolved it!

:)

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

...all using the same OS? ... the same type/model Mac?

(No, I didn't click the link. That won't help in terms of what OS or Mac either of you have.)

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Very well known problem, I used to get it all the time but not since 10.6.6 or .7.

6. eyecool macrumors regular

I'm using 10.6.7, which had been working fine for weeks. I'm on a 2008 Mac Pro which had never had this problem.

It's so bad that every time I uses spaces, expose dies along with the ability to type.

Other than rebooting, setting up a "hot corner" that puts the displays to sleep is the only thing that works. When it comes out of the sleep state, all is back to normal.

My killall Dock script only works sometimes...

The problem is so bad, I'm on my mac book, lol...