Mac OS X sync to LDAP on Windows box?

W2u7Yw4HaD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Is there any way to sync your contacts along with their contact groups (like distrubtion lists) from the Mac OS X (10.4) address book to a Windows based LDAP setup? I'd really like to achive the same thing as sync'ing to a exchange server does for contact lists, but not have to use exchange.. I would like to use mdaemon 8.0 instead which already has a port of openldap called LDAEMON.. I can query the ldap server but not send updates to it.. Any tips would be helpful.. Thanks..

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
telegix said:
Is there any way to sync your contacts along with their contact groups (like distrubtion lists) from the Mac OS X (10.4) address book to a Windows based LDAP setup? I'd really like to achive the same thing as sync'ing to a exchange server does for contact lists, but not have to use exchange.. I would like to use mdaemon 8.0 instead which already has a port of openldap called LDAEMON.. I can query the ldap server but not send updates to it.. Any tips would be helpful.. Thanks..
Yes.

W2u7Yw4HaD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Ah, I appriciate your feedback.. However "YES" dosen't tell me anything? Please elaborate..

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
telegix said:
Ah, I appriciate your feedback.. However "YES" dosen't tell me anything? Please elaborate..
Launch the Directory Access utility in the /Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/ folder. Go through it carefully. Contact your IT department for your required settings.