Mac OS X UI mockup?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Joseph H, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Joseph H, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

Joseph H macrumors 6502

Obviously a mockup, but wouldn't it be awesome?

[​IMG]

Not 10.9 though. 10.10 and Ive will work his magic :)

2. kunai, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

kunai macrumors regular

It works on a mobile device, but translucency on a desktop is just distracting and annoying. Whenever I use Windows 7, I have to turn that crap off because it hurts my eyes.

This is why Apple won't do anything as insane as what's posted in the screenshot (taken from my other post in a different thread):

Besides, the screenshot you posted would require UIKit to be ported to the Mac and replace AppKit in the process. Not a wise move for Apple, considering everything has been written to be compatible with AppKit and Cocoa.

3. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Wow yeah that looks quite nice.

I'm expecting a few things to have some UI changes to be more consistent with iOS 7 either in the GM or one of the early point updates.

Not expecting anything like that design though, maybe in 10.10 or whatever the next OS ends up being, certainly I expect a redesign if they make the jump to 11.0 but I find that highly unlikely.

4. vindictum macrumors member

vindictum

Looks great to me, though dock could use a few more tweaks to stop being distracting!

5. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I say the next iteration will be 11.0 instead of 10.10. Apple has had ten releases of OS X(10) so the next would be OS XI(11) and have ten versions of that. To me it makes more sense but that's just me.

6. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

I don't think iOS design would be right / fit into the Mac OS environment, they are probably thinking to converge in the sense of look and feel but I don't think copying directly from the iOS design would be right.

like ive said in an interview "we understood that people had already become comfortable with touching glass, they didn't need physical buttons, they understood the benefits" , "So there was an incredible liberty in not having to reference the physical world so literally. We were trying to create an environment that was less specific. It got design out of the way."

7. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

The X is there because it's Unix IMHO thought there has been plenty of internet debate about it.

Why do people want to make OSX look like iOS?