Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I'm reminded of that heartburn commercial...

Waitress: "Do you want that to hurt now or hurt later?"

PC sales rep: "Do you want that Windows OS to be a hassle now or a hassle later?"

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
And all the windows users will say Apple used their mind reading technology to steal all the truly novel Windows 8 features from Microsoft.

SpeedFleX

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2009
Interwebz
Apple will release OS X 10.7 with these features and new macs!

- All Macs come with Touchscreens
- Only three buttons will be on the new macs (Volume,Home and Power)
- You can launch 1 App at a time!
- in order to use your new mac you must first sync it with itunes!
- in order to use the internet of the new mac you must sign up as a customer for comcast, because they have teh best internet speed!
- Amazing the new macs can use iPhone Apps!!!! Thats the most Games a mac has EVER had!!!
- More Restrictions to come, we will now be banning Apps with sexual content, content that can access sexual content like a browser and apps that let you tether your internet. we will ban apps which show humans, animals or geometric objects in any form doing illegal activity including: Illegal Street Racing, blocks killing other blocks and animal labor apps like a dog licking your screen clean

Also don't forget the new accessories

Bluetooth Tilt sensor for games and a REAL keyboard for only 150 Dollars more.

(ps my writing is lame just like this joke)

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
Windows 8 is going to be so awesome - Microsoft will integrate "Clippy" the paperclip from Office help into the whole OS.

That way, when you're opening Firefox, he'll pop up and ask, "It looks like you're opening a Web browser, wouldn't you rather use Internet Explorer 9?"

Or, "Hey, someone just found a an exploit in IE while you were browsing - I'm sending them your personal information now!"

LOL! :D:eek::)

The Triumphant Return of Clippy!

He could also be the interface for the new Win8 messages involving Keypresses, Y, E and S, ANY KEY, and Your Mouse Has Moved.

They could finally retire the BSOD in favor of the new Clippy Screen Of Death. "I'm sorry, there appears to be an exception error, your mouse has moved and a key was pressed. Proceeding to overwrite all personal data, product keys and activation codes. Have a nice day!"

Having just cleared up 3 cases of IS2010 for hapless Windows friends,
Keri

Attachments

• AssistedSuicide.gif
    AssistedSuicide.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 92

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
"You have typed the "Y" key, is this correct? Type "Yes" to proceed."
:rolleyes:

Followed by a disclaimer popping up about RSI and you having to type "I Agree".

The only problem is, you get this even when you "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" when you first power up so you never even get Windows 8 installed.

It's a fantastic way for Microsoft to save $millions.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Followed by a disclaimer popping up about RSI and you having to type "I Agree".

The only problem is, you get this even when you "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" when you first power up so you never even get Windows 8 installed.

It's a fantastic way for Microsoft to save $millions.

oh god lol that would frustrate the hell out of me.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
LOL! :D:eek::)

The Triumphant Return of Clippy!

He could also be the interface for the new Win8 messages involving Keypresses, Y, E and S, ANY KEY, and Your Mouse Has Moved.

They could finally retire the BSOD in favor of the new Clippy Screen Of Death. "I'm sorry, there appears to be an exception error, your mouse has moved and a key was pressed. Proceeding to overwrite all personal data, product keys and activation codes. Have a nice day!"

Having just cleared up 3 cases of IS2010 for hapless Windows friends,
Keri

an you link to a high res picture of the suicide Paper clip?

kusuriya

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2010
Sadly OS X 10.7 will still lacks propor support to lock your desktop and secure it from prankers, soo windows 8 will still have a tight grip on business.

Denarius

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Gironde, France
Sadly OS X 10.7 will still lacks propor support to lock your desktop and secure it from prankers, soo windows 8 will still have a tight grip on business.

Open Keychain Access, go to preferences then tick 'show status in menu bar'. This gives you an option lock screen. Used in conjunction with disabling automatic login on boot and you're secure.

WiscoNicky

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2006
Wisco
Open Keychain Access, go to preferences then tick 'show status in menu bar'. This gives you an option lock screen. Used in conjunction with disabling automatic login on boot and you're secure.

you can also set up your screen saver to lock the screen when it turns on. you can set a hot corner for sleeping the screen/thus locking the screen

OR download Dockables. Its a set of Applescripts (i assume), you can place in your Dock. Its free. Such as:

Backup Time Machine
Close Apps
Eject
Empty Trash
Hide Apps
*Lock Screen
Log Out
Mute Sound
Restart
Screen Capture
Shut Down
Sleep
Sleep Display
Start Screen Saver

http://getdockables.com/
:):apple:

Denarius

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Gironde, France
you can also set up your screen saver to lock the screen when it turns on. you can set a hot corner for sleeping the screen/thus locking the screen.

There's also that approach. It's got the drawback that if you accidentally go to that corner your screen locks and you start swearing at your computer. If you do want to go the screensaver route you can write your own one line applescript instead of a hot corner to start the screensaver.

In Script Editor:

Code:
Tell Application "ScreenSaverEngine" to Activate

Save as a run only application and add to the dock.

Going back to the lock screen option in Keychain Access though, it really is a daft place to put it: much better to put it in the Apple menu, grouped with Sleep Restart and Shutdown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.