Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hello guys,

is this normal behaviour, please? I don't think I've noticed this every before until just now so could it be new update in ML? Or is there any rare chance that it could be phishing thing or trojan?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-18 at 12.03.45.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-18 at 12.03.45.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 495

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Ok, I've found the answer.

Its actually iCloud that needs it so I went to keychain access and I allowed iCloud to access it so it doesn't ask me again. Solved :))

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
I've never had trouble from scammers etc, over the years, which I'd probably attribute to both using OS X and being lucky. I've been a bit more careful lately though.

Make sure your firewall is turned on. System Preferences > Security > Firewall

If you download applications that haven't been approved or sold by the App Store, Little Snitch and Hands Off are both great for only allowing access to the Internet when you give permission on a case by case basis, so rogue apps can't report home with your info.

http://mac.appstorm.net/reviews/utilities/little-snitch-vs-hands-off-which-monitoring-utility-is-better/

There are some freeware apps in the OS X App Store that will run a virus/ malware scan on demand- ie they don't run in the background all time. I've never found anything with them myself though.

tarjan

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
I get this as well randomly. The problem is it gets worse immediately after, with all kinds of things losing access to the system. Outlook stops working, mail cannot log into gmail etc.

Reboot and bingo, everything works great again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.