MAC OS X will not get out of Blue scree

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mize12783, Dec 11, 2008.

1. mize12783 macrumors newbie

I know yall probably get this a lot but I am having a lot of trouble rebooting my macbook. A while ago I was using my computer and all of a sudden it froze I then tried rebooting with the start up disk and was successful and everything began working fine again until all of sudden my mac just froze. I powered the mac down and i wouldnt turn on, so I tried to reboot the system again and everything was going fine the computer was installing all the software so I left it going overnight for Disk 1 to complete, when I woke up all I saw was a blue screen with a white box saying MAC OS X and under a blue bar with "starting Mac OS X" underneith. I then powered the computer down and redid the apple, option P R to reset the Ram again but I still get this blue screen that I cant get past. I have read about booting the computer up in safe mode and i tried that but that didnt seem to work. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Andrew

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Do you have any external drives connected to it? For TimeMachine or from another backup software. I've noticed that mine won't boot to the default (internal) drive if i have one of those connected and turned on. Otherwise it boots fine.

Also, you might try, shut down, remove battery, unplug, hold power button in for about 20 seconds, replace battery, plug in and try to boot.

HTH

3. mize12783 thread starter macrumors newbie

No i dont have any external drives, and i tried what you said below about taking the battery out but thats not seeming to do anything either. I did see something come up for a second that said EFI Boot with an arrow under it. Im not sure what that was, any other possible ideas my mac still gets stuck at that blue screen.