Mac OS X Won't load, keeps asking for computer restart

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MmSuperMario, Jun 4, 2008.

1. MmSuperMario macrumors newbie

I reinstalled Mac OS X, Tiger. I went to software Update once everything was finished, to get everything up to date. After everything was done, it installed everything and then asked for system restart. I clicked restart.

After it restarted it, it had the Apple logo screen with the little loading circle, after that there was a blue screen, then very slowly, the screen became darker starting from the top down, and very slowly. It then said I had to restart the computer. I've done this about 4 times, and nothing seems to happen.

After it wouldn't work, I booted from a backup I made just before I reinstalled everything.

What's going on? How do I fix this problem?

2. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

What does the message says exactly? is it a multilanguage message about restarting?

3. MmSuperMario thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, its a multilanguage message on Restarting.

4. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Try unplugging any peripherals you have attached and then restart (if applicable).

5. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

6. MmSuperMario thread starter macrumors newbie

I booted from the install disc and used the disc utility to repair the disk, but it said the disc did not need any repairing. I then booted from my external HD and again I used the disk utility, but this time i just went to repair permissions.

After that I restarted from the internal HD, but in safe mode. And it did startup. I restarted again and this time it actually did load.

Just for future reference, what fixed the problem? booting in safe mode or the repair of the disk permissions?

7. perrin21 macrumors newbie

Solution

OK Guys, heres the solution, this will fix the problem in 5 mins. Hope this gets me some kudos lol. This is the solution for when you power up your mac you get the please restart curtain within a few seconds and regardless how many times this does not go away.

Here goes.
    1) Boot into Safe mode (takes longer than normal boot). This is done by pressing the shift key when you hear the mac chime and holding it until you see the rotating cog then release the ket and the mac will boot up into safe mode.

2) select Go to folder in the finder menu at the top of the screen.

3) Type in the following: /System/Library/Extensions/
    this will take you directly to the right folder.

4) Locate the file: BootCache.kext and delete it.

Now simply restart. this file will be recreated on the first restart.
    you should not get the restart message now on startup and your mac should boot fine.

Happy days
    Let me know how you get on.

8. tokan.one macrumors newbie

Mac OS keeps asking to restart.

Hey everyone, I'm new here so don't get mad. My os keeps asking to restart. It is a hackint0sh but the error isn't because of that. The error is this: "A kext releasing a(n) OSArray has corrupted the registry." @/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.26/libkern/c++/OSObject.cpp:244

And it says it's a panic. Any idea on what to do.... My cd drive doesn't seem to have the drivers to understand DVDs so no recovery that way. It was working fine until I updated to 10.6.6

9. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Hijack much?

LOL - "It is a hackint0sh" and " It was working fine until I updated to 10.6.6" :p

There is your problem.