Mac OS X Zoom Bug ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Agurri, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

Hey all,

I'm on 10.5.5 and updates are installed. I am a frequent user of the Zoom function (apple key + scrolling). When zoomed, I have set up my screen so it continuously follows my pointer. So... here's the bug. When you scroll to zoom in just a little, the OS zoom out automatically. Then, if you zoom again, enough not to zoom out auto, the screen won't follow the pointer anymore...

Am I the only one ?

2. SailorTom macrumors regular

I just tried it and yes when i zoomed in just enough to stop the zoom out it didn't follow the mouse. however when i tried again i had no problem with it following the mouse. so i'm not really sure whats happening.

as far as i know it has always zoomed back out when only in a little bit.

what use do you actually have the function for anyway? i've never used it.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It works for me.

If I press the Control key, use the mouse wheel to zoom in (maybe 5 steps), but don't move the mouse, that seems to trigger the automatic zoom back and no pointer following.

Move the mouse the next time you zoom into the screen with Control + mouse wheel.

4. kostia macrumors regular

I consider this a feature, not a bug, and use it all the time. I learned of it on macosxhints.com.

I play a lot of casual games that come at lower resolutions; I want to zoom in so they fill the screen, but I don't want mouse movements to move the screen. So I use this feature to "lock" the zoomed state.

I hope they don't fix it!