Mac OSX 10.6.3 Won't boot!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TakkU, Apr 29, 2010.

1. TakkU macrumors newbie

Since today i have a strange problem booting into Mac. This is how it started out:

I was inside of Mac, and decided to reboot to Windows, to play a match of MW2. I forgot to use the ALT button, so Mac was already booting. I used the on/off switch to turn it off, before i started it again. This time i did use the ALT button, and i booted into Windows. I decided later on to boot back to OSX, and it didn't give me any problems.

I wanted to mount a DVD ISO file to watch, and when i mounted it my user account got logged off. I logged back in and tried it again, same problem.

I decided to reboot the system, but this time something wierd happend. Along with the Apple logo i got a grey progress bar, wich went till about 25%. After this bar dissapeared it was just the Apple logo with the rotating gear, and it didn't go any further.

I tried using the installdisk to repair my OSX partition, but whenever i try to repair i get the following:

Repairing volume completed.
    Updating startup support partitions where necessary.
    Error: Diskaid cannot repair this disk

(original messages were in dutch, so in translated it. Could be different from the english messages)

Diskaid also shows my OSX partition as grey, instead of the normal black. I can't seem to be able to activate tis volume in Diskaid

After this i tried running Apple Hardware Test, and it didn't give me any errors.

The strange thing is that Windows(bootcamp ofcourse) runs fine. It's Mac OSX that cannot boot.

I don't have backups, and Time Machine either. Is there a way to get my OSX back up again without having to reinstall everything?

I'm using this mac:

MacBook Pro 15"2,66GHz mid 2009
    500GB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Hope you can help, i really need this one to be back up as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance,

TakkU

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Put in the 10.6 media, and let it install on your Mac partition. It will just install the system, while leaving your user data, applications, etc intact. Very nice feature that was added with 10.6.

3. TakkU thread starter macrumors newbie

Thnx! Is there any special thing i need to do in he installer, or do i just hit install and follow instructions?

4. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Nothing special. Just insert the media and follow the instructions to install, selecting your Mac partition when you choose a drive.