Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Hi there,
can any one help/ offer advice?

Have just bought new scanner (cannon 5000F) - It comes with software to install.

problem is... when I click on setup it wants me to launch classic and install it there for old (classic) programs to use.

What I want is for it to run in OSX.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
ez

hotdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
damit...
downloaded file (think its the right one)
called "multi.sit"
when I click on it I get an alert box saying...
"The operation could not be completeted"

Is this a stuffit file?
if yes, do I need correct stuffit software to open it?
and if so where do I get it from???

dam n blast
new to macs

hotdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
thanks everso for taking the time to get the link for me..
but still not sorted....

When i click on the 's3608mux.bin' to download...and watch download manager... the file that turns up there is called 'multi.sit'

I just got suffit.coms free download for expander-

any ideas???

nothing's ever that simple with puter is it!!!

hotdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
ok... think I've sorted it now...(with your help) hurah!!!!!

what about getting all the software that came with it working as well???

kevh182

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2004
I have that same scanner, the software is on the cd, it's in the mac osx folder. You have to install each one individually (scangear CS and Canoscan toolbox which are in seperate folders in the mac osx folder)

Joe Backes

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2005
Cannon Scanner LIDE20 question

Hello,

I have a different question than a setup one. I'm up and running but I just did something, or rather the scanner did, I don't know how it did it, and I want to do it again. Okay, I'm scanning photos from an old photo album for a geneaology project. There are two photographs on one page. I want the scanner to give me 3 scans in total, by really doing one scan. One would be the overall page, and then two separate scans for each photograph. These photos are old and difficult to remove from the album. It did this once, and it surprised me when it did this. It did a great job. But now I want to do it again, and it won't. :(
I think it has something to do with the setting for the scan 1 button in the toolbox being set at multi scan. Is that the answer?
Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

Joseph Backes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.