Mac OSX Bluetooth midi problem with Korg NanoKEY studio

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Artmuzz, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I recently bought the excellent Korg NanoKEY Studio and it works great on my iPad Pro and my excellent Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10.

The problem I have is with my MacBook Pro (2012 model) running Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan. I downloaded the Bluetooth Midi Connect app from the Mac App Store. I then switched my NanoKEY Studio to Bluetooth and opened the Bluetooth Midi Connect app. When I open the app a message appears "Found Bluetooth Midi device - NanoKEY studio" I then open Bluetooth configuration on the app and I see my NanoKEY listed in the devices. I try to connect and it is connecting but nothing happens it goes back to telling me to connect. I then go into OSX settings and select Bluetooth but even though my NanoKEY is listed in the Bluetooth Midi Connect app it isn't listed in the main OSX Bluetooth available devices list which is very strange. I also tried connecting with my new MacBook Pro retina (2015 model) and the same problem happens there.

Please advise.

2. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

I fixed this myself. The problem was the crap Bluetooth midi app I downloaded and installed from the Mac App Store. Now I have it working after deleting that crappy app.