Mac OSX El Capitan on an old Mac Pro 1.1/2.1 works great !!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Stephnanou54, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Stephnanou54 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    Hi,

I have prepared a USB key Boot 16 Gb Install Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 on my old Mac Pro 1.1 I bought in 2006. It works great !
    If you are interested in getting the new USB key, you can contact me (nanou6835@yahoo.fr) and I can help you by sending it to you along with easy accurate explanations, even for a very beginner.

just have a look at the top of the page at my Mac pro 1.1 (2006) setup with Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

2. tpivette89 macrumors 6502

tpivette89

Awesome! Do you already have the modified El Capitan installer for the older (32-bit versions) saved on the USB drive so that no further modding is necessary? Just hold down the Options key and you're good to go?

Always nice to see fully useable and functioning OS's on older hardware. Always wanted to get a 1,1/2,1 to tinker with... especially now that LightBulbFun is working on a update to use Wolfdale/Harpertown CPUs for this version of the Mac Pro

3. Stephnanou54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I just plug the USB key (rear of the Mac Pro) and then I hold down the option key ! The OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 works perfectly !

4. haveuseenmybaseball macrumors newbie

Oh , nice! I got El Cap to work on my old x1900 graphics card but not my ati 5770. I see you got the 5770 to work, congrats ! I feel like mine is defective or just not the apple version as seller claimed to be. Any ideas why ?