Mac OSX Install Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DjKevinToronto, Jul 23, 2012.

1. DjKevinToronto macrumors newbie

I recently installed a new Hard drive into my MBP. The install for the OS worked for about a week, then began to freeze. I was forced to manually shut down the Macbook (Holding the power button). I figured it was an OS problem, so I decided to wipe the HD again using the Disk Utitlity off the OS Disc. I tried to install the OS and halfway through the installation of the OS I got an error message saying "Install Failed, Mac OSX Could not be installed on your computer, click restart to restart your computer and try installing again" Now when I press restart, the same thing occurs. I try manually shutting down and booting from the disc, to partion the HD again, but it doesn't boot, it goes straight to the installation. How do I get rid of this to get my Mac up and running 100% again? Here's a photo of what I get through the installation. Its not the best quality but its the best my 11" Acer can get lol. Hope it helps!
    http://twitpic.com/ab1dnq

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Had a similar problem once was due to faulty ram but some other ram in it and osx installed fine