Mac OSX Leopard Snappier Since Latest Security Fixes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Guiltygugu, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Guiltygugu macrumors member

Hey dudes,

k, my imac before was a little sluggish even though its the latest 24" 2.4 ghz 4gb ram model....to the point where i was going to make a thread about how shockingly sluggish my new computer is...

i noticed since the last software update (security fixes/garage band) everything is much snappier...i dont know what it was but maybe one little thing was not functioning and it slowed all my apps down because after i installed those updates my computer is flying...

everything now opens up in a bounce or two...before the updated pages or imovie for example would take up to 10-12 seconds to open!....i started to believe that this slow'ness was normal for you mac'ers....

alas! leopard is blazing and i cant be happier...

i wonder what changed.....

2. yudilks macrumors regular

The only thing changed was perhaps you restarted the machine after the update...

3. writeous macrumors regular

Seems that way for me too, but i just reinstalled Leopard yesterday so that could be it also:eek:

4. Guiltygugu thread starter macrumors member

no, really! i sense a legitimate change after installing the latest update....before things seemed very sluggish (well not VERY sluggish but not as fast as you would think it should be) after the update it all feels snappy,

im not imagining it!