Mac OSX Leopard works nicely with iPhone headphone buttons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pendolino, Sep 17, 2009.

1. pendolino macrumors member

pendolino

I was listen to spotify (music application) on my Macbook running OSX Leopard and found that when pressing the play/pause button on my iphone headset cord that I had connected to the laptop, it automatically stopped and started the music.

Jumping tracks would not work though. Volume worked fine but that was expected as it controls the entire system's volume.

What was quite interesting is that Spotify was not that active/frontmost app but was playing in the background.

Is OSX able to intelligently detect what application supports play/pause and is running at the moment?

What happens when more than one music or similar app is running?

Spotify's mac app does not seem to have preferences for controlling any such functionality.

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I didn't know that it was possible to go to the next song with the iPhone headphones .. how can I do that ?

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I love the apple earphones. Although they are overpriced (you can get the same quality for half the price). But I used to press next and pause through my pocket (on my trousers) on my ipod classic. But with the ipod touch, you can't have good earphones and be able to go to the next song without getting your ipod out of your pocket, slide it to unlock and press next and lock it again. With the remote (I have the in-ear) you can press one to play or pause, you can press twice quickly after eachother to do the next song, and three times to select the previous.