Mac Osx lion bootcamp drivers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lilron, Aug 24, 2011.

1. lilron, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

lilron macrumors newbie

Hi, I just recently installed Windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my macbook pro 13" i5. I got to the part when i needed to install the macbook drivers. Earlier in bootcamp assistant it asked whether i wanted to downloaded the windows support software, and i did, then saved it to usb. Now after installing windows 7, and putting in the usb, when i open setup.exe it says there are compatibility issues asking to check whether the program is supposed to run in x86 or x64 mode. I went out of windows and back into the mac to try redownloading the windows support files, this time to a dvd. When it asked me to put the cd in, it automatically ejected and said there was an error, I tried with other dvd's and same thing.
    I have also done the troubleshoot compatibility mode for all the windows and run as admin but no success.
    What can i do? Where can i install the mac lion osx drivers? :(

p.s i partitioned my bootcamp to have 20G space, and during windows installation i needed to reformat my bootcamp to ntfs from fat. (incase this helps) and im not very good on technical terms (newbie)
    thanks

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Why didn't you just run the installer in x64 mode from the USB as requested.