Mac OSX Lion - Time Machine problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FairFight, Jul 20, 2011.

1. FairFight macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My Time Machine did work fine with OSX Snow Leopard, but after updating to Lion it no longer works. It pops up with an error that says that my network-disk doesnt support AFP-functions.
    But why did the harddisk work for Snow Leopard then?
    Does anyone know a fix or is the only solution to buy another network-disc?

2. torid110 macrumors regular

Got the same message. I have been using Timemachine over NFS since Leopard. I haven't gotten a chance to poke around, but if i find something, i will post back.

3. dhartlen macrumors member

Same error, backing up to WD MyBookLive. Also was fine before upgrading today.

4. dhartlen macrumors member

Found this:

5. FairFight thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks dhartien,
    But this doesnt help me, I have a "Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive" and it doesnt seem like they have updated the firmware for a long time, so it doesnt seem like I will ever be able to use that Hard Drive again, if it needs a firmware update.

6. fo-tik macrumors newbie

7. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

8. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Oh good, thought it was just me. This is a pretty big flaw to not allow people to use time machine with Lion...

9. justjey macrumors newbie

since upgrading to Lion, my TM cannot complete backup. It just says “finishing backup” but doesn’t stop.I have to manually stop it

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Synology just posted a beta that supports Lion.

11. radnuke macrumors newbie

I just downloaded the latest firmware from the Iomega site. It fixed the problem and my Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive is backing up once again.

Hope this helps,

Jimmy :apple:

12. garfield81 macrumors newbie

Where?

Jimmy,
    I am having the same issue with my Iomega Home Media hard drive and i am running version 2.064 for quite some time which worked with Snow Leopard and don't see a newer firmware on their website. Would you please share the link of where you found the firmware?

13. xtermx macrumors newbie

My Home Media Network Hard drive is running version 2.064 and I can't find a new firmware version.
    Has anyone been able to get it to work on Lion ?
    If yes can you post any links to the downloads ?

14. osxhero macrumors member

Time Machine has serious issues since Lion. You can get it to work if you have a small drive to backup, but anything serious, say a 1TB and above starts to give it a run for its money.

I run an office with several machines, and they all get stuck. Numerous drives, some internal, some external, some network, and it will only get a fraction of the way then just keep turning with ZERO outgoing data.

Apple needs to get serious about these "features" they keep pushing on us. I feel like Time Machine is the new iWeb. Abandon software.