Mac OSX Lion - Time Machine problem

FairFight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Hi,
My Time Machine did work fine with OSX Snow Leopard, but after updating to Lion it no longer works. It pops up with an error that says that my network-disk doesnt support AFP-functions.
But why did the harddisk work for Snow Leopard then?
Does anyone know a fix or is the only solution to buy another network-disc?

torid110

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
Got the same message. I have been using Timemachine over NFS since Leopard. I haven't gotten a chance to poke around, but if i find something, i will post back.

dhartlen

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2010
Found this:

Re: OSX Lion DP4 & Time Machine Error
Options
2 hours ago

Lion was released today - Not on July 1st.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we are working on it, but it is not going to be immediate. Best estimate is August for a update that supports Lion. I know that is not what you want to hear, but it takes time to do these things.

Tony

FairFight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Thanks dhartien,
But this doesnt help me, I have a "Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive" and it doesnt seem like they have updated the firmware for a long time, so it doesnt seem like I will ever be able to use that Hard Drive again, if it needs a firmware update.

justjey

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
London
since upgrading to Lion, my TM cannot complete backup. It just says “finishing backup” but doesn’t stop.I have to manually stop it

radnuke

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2011
Thanks dhartien,
But this doesnt help me, I have a "Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive" and it doesnt seem like they have updated the firmware for a long time, so it doesnt seem like I will ever be able to use that Hard Drive again, if it needs a firmware update.
I just downloaded the latest firmware from the Iomega site. It fixed the problem and my Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive is backing up once again.

Hope this helps,

Jimmy :apple:

garfield81

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
Where?

I just downloaded the latest firmware from the Iomega site. It fixed the problem and my Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive is backing up once again.

Hope this helps,

Jimmy :apple:
Jimmy,
I am having the same issue with my Iomega Home Media hard drive and i am running version 2.064 for quite some time which worked with Snow Leopard and don't see a newer firmware on their website. Would you please share the link of where you found the firmware?

xtermx

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2011
My Home Media Network Hard drive is running version 2.064 and I can't find a new firmware version.
Has anyone been able to get it to work on Lion ?
If yes can you post any links to the downloads ?

osxhero

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Time Machine has serious issues since Lion. You can get it to work if you have a small drive to backup, but anything serious, say a 1TB and above starts to give it a run for its money.

I run an office with several machines, and they all get stuck. Numerous drives, some internal, some external, some network, and it will only get a fraction of the way then just keep turning with ZERO outgoing data.

Apple needs to get serious about these "features" they keep pushing on us. I feel like Time Machine is the new iWeb. Abandon software.