Mac OSx lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by th3goob, Jun 9, 2011.

1. th3goob macrumors regular

Since i ordered my mac on the 4th and it didnt come in until the 8th do i get lion for free or do i have to pay for it?

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

That depends on Apple. I suspect if you called them and asked nicely they would send it to you free.

3. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Officially, you had to buy it on June 6, 2011 or later. If you can get them to give it to you since it was on June 4, 2011...that's the question you have to ask.

I personally would take my computer back and buy it again just in case...

4. nickcao macrumors member

only 20 pounds, and maybe 2 more weeks need to wait, if its BTO

5. sunnyj macrumors 6502

i bought my macbook pro on june 3rd and called apple to ask if i was eligible for the free lion upgrade. the rep credited me $30 from the purchase price for the MBP so when loin comes out i can buy it.

6. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Wow, that was awesome of the rep.

7. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

hmm guess i will have to call. thanks for the information guys =)

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

You just bought a computer worth over a grand, just cough up the $29, it's not like the upgrade is expensive.

9. dslrjunky macrumors regular

the way I see it, he already spent over a grand on these computer why don't they cough up the $29, after all its only $29.. :D

thats just me, Im a cheap bastard anyway...lol..

OP just ask nicely...

10. snaky69 macrumors 603

I'm cheap too, but I don't feel entitled to anything but a laptop in good working order when buying a MBP. Apple owes me nothing more than what I paid for.

That they are even accommodating users who bought after june 6th is in itself extraordinary and I think it is a great idea, more power to Apple for building a loyal customer base this way.

11. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Save the guesswork, call Apple :)

12. dslrjunky, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  13. dslrjunky macrumors regular

im not saying everybody is entitled to something other than what we paid for.. all Im saying simply asking nicely won't hurt, and worst case is they say no, and run the risk of the buyer returning the computer just to get the free lion upgrade..

but have you seen other posters here that are even asking how to go about asking for a complimentary gift...

14. ^^BIGMac macrumors 6502a

^^BIGMac

Or suggest to Apple that unless they give you Lion you'll do just that -- return it and re-buy it. They'll give it to you. I doubt they'll even give you a hard time about it. Just be polite.

15. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

I called apple the lady didnt even know about lion and wouldnt even let me talk to her supervisor >.< so i will call back in july i printed out my receipt and theres no way im returning it and rebuying it because the closest apple store is 150+ miles away. and i spent all of my money on this computer to begin with, im going to college so im going to be broke pretty much all of the time and that free upgrade would be nice of them since i switched to mac osx =) but if i have to i can buy it i have the money now.

16. Athonline macrumors member

I bought my MBP on the 3rd via Apple UK Edu store, it was CTO (upgraded with extra Ram, SDD, AG screen) and hasn't arrive yet :(. I did some research online and I was told that most likely everything will be ok as I will register the laptop after 6th Jun. since Apple didn't deliver it yet nor added the Applecare I bought

17. sunnyj macrumors 6502

theres no harm in asking apple if they can do anything for you. if they had said no i still would of bought Loin on my own dime like i did with every other OS apple released.

18. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Thats what I'm saying! lol