Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
That was mind blowing. Does anyone know where to get that butterfly screensaver? It was pretty cool.

applefan69

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2007
Wow... not only was that amazing, but it makes OS X look SOO fancy and fast and flawless. I mean sure OS X is great but this video makes it look REALLY REALLY REALLY good.

apple should use this as a commercial instead of those lame Mac VS PC ads.

nate.h.45

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
Wow!

This is amazing! As a Mac and BatB fan I love this video. Are the girl in the video? If so you're beautiful...

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
Saw this earlier on TUAW. Just a fantastic video. I would expect a phone call from Apple asking to use it in a commercial! You really did a great job with it!

Retired
May 16, 2006
Saw this earlier on TUAW. Just a fantastic video. I would expect a phone call from Apple asking to use it in a commercial! You really did a great job with it!

Apple using video of OSX to promote Macs? That'd be a first...

CLuv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2007
Northern VA, USA
Very cool! Got it on the AppleTV to see it on a 42" HDTV. Took an idea from an earlier post, and got it on the iPhone to show off to people. Shows the power of a Mac for sure. Won't see anything like this from a Widoze machine.

Sarin42

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
Beryl/Cube Effect?

First off, sweet video. I can see how that would have taken a long time to do, and the end result is absolutely phenomenal.

I noticed from about 1:28 to 1:31 on the video, there's a nice little desktop-switching that occurs with a cube effect similar to the one using Beryl on linux. What did you use to do that? I'd love to get it for myself.

CLuv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2007
Northern VA, USA
That is built into OS X. It's when you switch user accounts. On the top right you'll see to the left of the Spotlight icon, that's where OS X puts all User Account Names. When you click on different name, it'll do that cube desktop switch affect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.