Mac OSX running slower with Bootcamp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sstevens, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sstevens macrumors member

Hello, I am a bit concerned with the speeds of my iMac ever since I installed bootcamp with a Windows 7 partition. My partition is only 40GB of my 256GB SSD drive, with about 4GB left on the partition. My browser is Google Chrome on both OS's and as of late, I have been primarily booting up in Windows without touching OSX but maybe a couple times a week for movie viewing. I am going to start using OSX soon for more work with FCP, etc. but am just irritated with the fact that with maybe only 5 tabs open, my webpages seem to take 2-3 times as long to load than thery do on my Windows partition. I'm almost debating uninstalling the partition.

I have Lion to it's latest update despite having iTunes 11. Are there any special tips to clean this thing up?

My specs:
    Late 2011 27"
    3.4GHz Quad i7
    8GB Ram (thinking about upping it to 16GB)
    256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    2GB Radeon 6970 Graphics

Any tips in organization / cleaning / speed boosting would be greatly appreciated!

2. sstevens thread starter macrumors member

My internet speeds are fine, speedtest shows ~32mb/s download, ~5mb/s uplaod

3. sstevens thread starter macrumors member

I got blue screen earlier on my windows partition and noticed an alert on the taskbar saying my hard drive was running out of space. I only partitioned 40GB and have had 5-8GB free for the last couple weeks as I knew prior to making the partition just how much i needed (its just for a pc game and some stuff). I had 30KB left!!! 30kb! it shut down via blue screen and rebooted back to the free 5.05GB i had. Now when i browse ther web on data heavy sites, it slowly decreases .01GB every 5-10minutes but then goes back up. Whats going on here??