Mac OSX Screensaver Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ibscas, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ibscas macrumors newbie

I've been having a screensaver problem recently and after searching on here and other places I haven't been able to find anyone who has a similar issue. My issue is that my automatic screensaver has stopped kicking in. I have it set to start after 15 minutes of inactivity but it just never happens. However, my hot corners will start it just fine.

I have repaired permissions on the drive and that didn't do the trick (obviously because if it did, I wouldn't be posting :D).

I'm running an Intel Mac 3GHz dual core Xeon with 10GB of memory.

I'm sure it has something to do with the upgrade I recently performed. I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard and after doing so I SuperDuper'd my drive to another drive and am using that.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Do you have any Bluetooth devices connected (keyboard or mouse)?
    Sometimes when a device is connected it will interrupt the idle process and the Screen saver won't kick in.

Just a thought otherwise, trying to offer some help.

3. ibscas thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have a bluetooth Magic mouse, but I had that on Leopard as well and it didn't affect anything. Is it possible that it just started causing an issue?

4. ibscas thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Honeyweis macrumors newbie

Similar problem

I'm experiencing a similar problem with a new iMac that I just bought. Based on my settings, the screen should sleep after 10 minutes and then lock after 15. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only wireless devices I am using are the Apple keyboard, Magic Mouse and Netgear router.

6. capecod565 macrumors member

screensavers are all grayed out

I have a new 27" iMac and when I upgraded to the newest OS version, or shortly afterwards, my iPhoto pictures on my screensavers are all grayed out in the desktop and screensaver prefs, and I get a preview screen saying Incompatible_Arch revolving.
    And now, even the Apple built in screensavers are not kicking in.
    Ive got AppleCare people working on it, and they have not seen this before, with the incompatable error message. I am to call them back this Friday.
    Jane